Messy Bird

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Chili for Chilly Weather! Get it?!

You guessed it… I made my first pot of chili! I was crusing through the isles at Food City and decided to be bold. I thought to myself  ”I’m going to make chili!… how hard could it be?” Turns out it’s not! I bought the little packet of chili mix… which was only 99 cents! What a steal! Then I followed the directions on the back and what do you know…. CHILI! Wa-La! Don’t be fooled… I am still not a master chef. I made some rookie mistakes but  seeing as a I am a rookie… I’m not going to be to too hard on myself! Here are things to watch out for if you have NO clue what you are doing!
1. Only use  one pound of meat… I thought I really like “meaty” chili  so I went with two pounds…as you can see in the picture it looks like a big pot of meat with beans randomly throughout. Oops!
2.Use a pot. The packet told me to use a large frying pan… NOPE… it’s not big enough for everything. Use a pot. Much easier!
3. Don’t drain the beans. Pretty self explanatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment