Messy Bird

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

9 Hours Down, 51 To Go.

I am sitting at Panera right now enjoying the light jazz music, sipping on an iced Acacia Tea, writing a 15 page final research paper. My first semester of grad school is officially over in two days. Praise the Lord. It has been a crazy crazy 5 months. (hence why it has taken me 5 months to write another blog post).  This semester has been full of papers upon papers, interpreting for deaf students (which I loveeee), husband's softball and football games, moving from a 3,000 square foot house to a 555 square foot apartment, best friends getting married and engaged. Needless to say, it's been busy but it's been good. Marriage is still a blast and continues to be the thing in my life that drives out my sin and showers me with grace at the same time. What a picture of love. 

It's funny to look at my previous post about how excited I was to do grad school and to "do it right"....do all of the readings and assignments. It's funny because one thing that this semester has taught me is that marriage takes priority over school. Many times I missed out on doing things with friends or with Taylor because I was swimming in school work and was determined to do well. I knew that the Lord first called me to be a wife to my husband but I allowed myself to get so wrapped up in school that at times I neglected my marriage. It seems completely ridiculous right? It was more difficult than it sounds. It was hard for me to put down a 10 page paper that was due at midnight to watch tv with my husband or to turn an assignment in late because my in-laws were in town or because my best friend got married. It was a battle for me to be a wife first and then a student. In the end, the Lord has blessed me in providing plenty of time and strength to finish this semester with all A's. He is always so faithful even when I am running around like a crazy lady, trying to plan out my life so I'll have enough time in my days. He is so patient. 


No comments:

Post a Comment