Messy Bird

Monday, January 16, 2012

First Day of School!

Today is my first day of school! Grad school that is. I have been given the most incredible opportunity to study something I love, which is marriage and family counseling! I am taking classes at Liberty University online. I'm not sure how online classes will go, but I will tell you that I'm sitting here in my PJ's, no make up and a big cup of joe just working away. Hey, no complaints here.


I am excited about today because I get the rare chance to start over. I got my Bachelor's degree in Educational Interpreting. I loved the 5 years it took me to finally finish my degree after I decided which direction I wanted to go. I'll be honest, if I could go back, I'd do things a bit differently. I didn't really apply myself as much as I should have. I didn't challenge myself to learn the way that I know I am capable of learning. 

Today, I get a re-do. Today, I get to read all of my assigned readings instead of skimming them in a hurry. I am excited to be disciplined and focused. I am excited to push myself and to learn instead of memorizing. 

Here's to another two years of school! Gulp.






No comments:

Post a Comment