Messy Bird

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ready to learn the ABC's?!?

Before you even THINK about watching this video... STOP!! I want you to stick both of your hands out in front of you with palms facing out.... come on, do it. Now I want you to bend each finger back VERY carefully! Signing can get a little dangerous so you want to be loose, agile, and ready for anything that comes your way! Kind of like dance dance revolution. Now that you're all warmed up... proceed at your own risk. I warned you. This is really intense! ;-) 

The ASL alphabet is a really good thing to have in your back pocket so if you meet a deaf person you can, first get your hands out of your back pocket, and spell your name! This is called fingerspelling! My first conversation with a deaf person was actually all fingerspelling. I spelled everything. It was hilarious and awesome. They laughed at me but appreciated me trying!

Learn away! ...and practice practice practice! You'll be singing the song all day :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment