Messy Bird

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Week One

It's Sunday morning, the beginning of the 1st week of 11 weeks of summer camp. It's the calm before the storm. Ideally I'd like to post a weekly update throughout the summer... We will see how that goes :)

So far our transition to the shores (high school camp) has been such a blessing. Not only are the full time staff wonderful, but the summer staff are lovely as well! The girls staff have befriended me faster than I thought they would. This has been a huge encouragement to me. It's important to me that I connect well with the girls summer staff, so that's been a huge blessing. They are eager to hear about our lives and want to know every detail about our dating relationship and marriage. I remember being in their shoes. Only to dream of the day that I had a husband of my own. It's always so fun to share our story with people because I'm constantly reminded of the grace and mercy The Lord has shown us.

The longer we are in Tyler, TX and the longer we get to be apart of the community and ministry here, the more I realize how good and faithful God is. On my own I wouldn't have chosen to leave everyone and everything I know and love but because He is good and uses this short life for His glory and my sanctification, here we are. I'm certain that however long this season of life is, we will look back from our rockers, gray hair and dentures seeing how The Lord used this place to radically change our lives. I couldn't be more thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment